[pve-devel] [RFC manager] fix #2422: allow multiple Ceph public networks

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Tue May 4 10:24:02 CEST 2021

On 4/30/21 15:54, Fabian Ebner wrote:
> picked up from an old patch by Alwin[0].
>
> The first four patches are cleanups/preparation.
>
> The last patch is the big one which introduces the handling of multiple IP
> addresses. Quickly tested with a dual IPv4/IPv6 setup and an external client
> and didn't see any issues (altough I might've missed something in my struggle
> to get the network configuration right). It is a bit messy (not sure that is
> fully possible to avoid) and I'd like to test it some more, so sending it as an
> RFC. Would be great if somebody else could test it too.
>
> Note that you also need a dual stack cluster network even if it's separate from
> the public network, so the OSDs will start up.
>
> [0]: https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2020-March/042304.html
>
> Fabian Ebner (5):
>    api: ceph: mon: split up arguments for run_command
>    api: ceph: create mon: handle ms_bind_ipv* options more generally
>    api: ceph: create mon: factor out monmaptool command
>    api: ceph: create mon: explicitly add subsequent monitors to the
>      monmap
>    fix #2422: allow multiple Ceph public networks

>   1 file changed, 163 insertions(+), 65 deletions(-)

LGTM, and tested ok, only noticed one small thing

it is possible to give the same ip address twice,
this breaks the monitor (i cannot start it, but cannot destroy it either)

e.g.

pveceph mon create --mon-address '10.0.0.10,10.0.0.10'

it adds it with the ip twice to the monmap
this fails to start (because the port is bound already)
but destroying it fails with 'no such monitor id'