[pve-devel] VM Incremental backup for 3-party solution (Qemu)

Radosław Korzeniewski radoslaw at korzeniewski.net
Tue Aug 24 12:58:12 CEST 2021

Hello,

czw., 19 sie 2021 o 16:22 Stefan Reiter <s.reiter at proxmox.com> napisał(a):

> But more importantly, 'drive-backup' and the bitmap support around that

are not based on our code, they are from upstream QEMU. We implement the
> 'backup' and 'query-backup' QMP calls.

So, did you "change" the upstream feature when implementing your own?

> There's nothing against using the native calls if they fit your use case,
> but for support it would make more sense to contact upstream and read
> through their documentation :)

Thanks for the tips. I already read the Qemu documentation and I'm able to
make a successful full + incr backup using a "stock" Qemu with my
procedure. So I assume the procedure is fine.
Then I decided to ask a question here as it is not working with Proxmox, so
I suspect that something changed between upstream and Proxmox distributions.
I'm not a Proxmox developer, so finding what is not working on Qemu
hypervisor is hard.

Back to my main question: Do you have any idea why the job fell into a
paused state and how I should proceed?
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw at korzeniewski.net