[pve-devel] [Allow snapshot backup with glusterfs 0/1]

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Fri Nov 13 15:12:10 CET 2020

Hi,

Thank you for contributing to PVE!

Could you explain what the patch fixes and why it works (would also be
great to have that information in the commit-message)?
I checked our bugzilla and the community forum, but could not find any
recent issue regarding gluster and containers (I probably overlooked it).

AFAICT the patch disables running syncfs(2) on the gluster fuse-mount used
for containers. Does the syncfs call fail? What error do you get?
The syncfs call is there to ensure that the backup is consistent as far as
possible - so I would not disable it without rationale.

On another note - we would need a signed CLA from you, in order to be able
to include your code in our codebase - see [0].

Best Regards,
stoiko

[0]
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation#Software_License_and_Copyright