[pve-devel] ceph gui install: set ip address instead network address for public_network && cluster_network

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jan 22 19:39:38 CET 2020

Hi,

I'm currently doing a training week,

and we have notice that ceph wizard on initial deployment,

for public_network && cluster_network set  ip address instead network adress.

Like: 10.3.95.101/24   (the ip of the server),  instead 10.3.95.0/24  (the network address)

It don't seem to be a problem for ceph,  but I don't think it's really good

https://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/
PUBLIC NETWORK
The public network configuration allows you specifically define IP addresses and subnets for the public network. You may specifically assign static IP addresses or override public network settings using the public addr setting for a specific daemon.

public network

Description
The IP address and netmask of the public (front-side) network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24). Set in [global]. You may specify comma-delimited subnets.

Type
{ip-address}/{netmask} [, {ip-address}/{netmask}]

Required
No

N/A