[pve-devel] working on ifupdown2 openvswitch addon

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Feb 17 16:24:52 CET 2020

On 2/17/20 4:13 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> As said, I'm open to integrate the gui also, with a "experimental" title
>>> and if only shown once pve-network is installed. This way you'd reach a
>>> lot more people open for testing easier, as it does not requires them to
>>> apply patches and build packages them self or download unsigned packages :)
>
> Yes :)  I don't known if I could add some kind of api in pve-network package,
> to display or not the sdn section in datacenter ?

I'd maybe just hide it by default, and do a single api call on
GET /nodes/NODE/sdn

if this does not errors out (e.g., with "no such resource") then we know that
SDN is available and can save that in a PVE. object for caching, e.g.,:
PVE.FeatureInfo = { sdn: true }

and depending on that show the whole panel entries in datacenter section.