[pve-devel] Feature: OAuth / OpenID-connect implementation

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Mon Dec 14 08:12:40 CET 2020

On December 13, 2020 2:16 am, Michael Honkoop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am slowly working on implementing the authentication method/ entry fields for it  in PVE, which have shown up, and look to be fine (at first glance).
>
> There are 2 things i am yes unable to grasp, and i hope you could give me some directions :
>
> 1)
> UI :
> As Oauth/OpenID-connect does not have a need for a field 'tfa', but its inherited from the common auth, i'd like to override it ( as in not visible)
>
> 2)
> Schema:
> I cant seem to get where a/the schema is defined, or updated for that matter.
> I mean i have the UI / auth on the dc level now showing an entry and when i select add it will spawn the dialog to input parameters.
> However if i were to put some text in there and click add it spawns an errormessage 'Parameter verification failed. (400)', 'type: value 'oauth' does not have a value in the enumeration 'ad, ldap, pam, pve'' and 'property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties'
>
> i've been searching where i can define it but this still have not found, or better said due to my newness in this i'm not following where it is/should be defined.

the possible realm types are defined here:

 https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-access-control.git;a=blob;f=PVE/API2/Domains.pm;h=9c2b2548028790f19baaa81bde4cf0f071bb7719;hb=HEAD#l86
 https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-access-control.git;a=blob;f=PVE/Auth/Plugin.pm;h=141305336c8640dd40879eb6e084b95c51ad0fa7;hb=HEAD
 https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-access-control.git;a=tree;f=PVE/Auth;h=935646bae7647759c8b9ac04881275affb184500;hb=HEAD

each type registers as a plugin in the SectionConfig (which is in
pve-common), the add/update/delete schemas are generated from the plugin
definitions.