[pve-devel] does somebody have an hetzner or ovh server to do test ?

Stephan Leemburg sleemburg at it-functions.nl
Tue Aug 25 09:49:19 CEST 2020

On 25-08-2020 09:28, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Thanks for the help
>
>>> What would you like to test? If it does not disturb my production
>>> servers, then I think I can help you.
> I would like to do a lot of setup test, so I'll break your production ;)

Oh, that would not be good ;-)

> I'm going to test routed setup, but also bgp-evpn,etc...
> I have a friend working at ovh, I'll try to have some server to test.
Hopefully they will sponsor you.
> but thanks anyway.

You're welcome.
>>> They both have 16 failover ip addresses. I have once tested the failover
>>> of the complete /28 block and - although there are costs involved - it
>>> works.
> Interesting, you have failover le full /28 block between server ?
> If yes, do you have done it manually ? or through the api ?
> (In the future, I would like to implemented auto failover with keepalived/vrrp or something like that)

I did it manually through the control panel. I have only 2 servers at
OVH, but at that moment 3 as I was migrating from an old one to a new one.

So, I tested migrating the whole block from the new one to the old one
(so that one hat 2 /28 blocks after migration) and back.