[pve-devel] Gitlab-ci

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 2 14:42:35 CEST 2019

On 9/2/19 2:33 PM, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
>> I'm curious, do you use some kind of email scripts, special email client, to manage current workflow ?
>> (Sometime I'm lost myself with my patches ;)
> most of the actively reviewing people use either (neo)mutt or some
> variant of notmuch, but there are some not-yet converted thunderbird
> users as well ;)

Slight feeling you talking about me ;)
Yes, while I'm looking for a good MTA that won't slow down to long
hangs and full halts due my few 100k mails (neo)mutt wasn't the full
really nice solution either. Or better said, while it looked more
promising and nicer to use than Thunderbird (especially for me as
vim user) it wasn't behaving that much better that I could convice
myself to go over the learning-curve and drop my Thunderbird
muscle-memory :)
Maybe 'aerc'[0] does it better someday, until then I'll probably stick
with Thunderbird.
[0]: https://aerc-mail.org/

I do markings of patches which are still-to-review, mine-not-yet-applied
or others out of interest with simple tags which get highlighted in
different colors. For mid-volume lists like ours that's enough for me.

Applying is done by having various SSHFS mounts to my development VMs
(PMG, PVE, different versions) and saving the patches there and using
git am, quick enough for me.