[pve-devel] LDAP integration with G Suite?

Victor Hooi victorhooi at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 08:33:46 CEST 2019

Hi,

Of course, here is a slightly sanitised user.cfg - I have sent you the full
file in a separate email:

```
root at syd1:~# cat /etc/pve/user.cfg
user:root at pam:1:0:::victorhooi at example.com:::
user:victorhooi at anguslab.io:1:0::::::
<some users removed>

<some groups removed>

pool:windows_7::100::

<some acls removed>
```

Here is my full domains.cfg:

```
root at syd1:~# cat /etc/pve/domains.cfg
pam: pam
        comment Linux PAM standard authentication

pve: pve
        comment Proxmox VE authentication server

ldap: anguslab.io
        base_dn dc=anguslab,dc=io
        server1 ldap.google.com
        user_attr uid
        cert /root/Google_2022_05_22_3494.crt
        certkey /root/Google_2022_05_22_3494.key
        port 636
        secure 0
```

Here is the output of pveversion -v:

```
root at syd1:~# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 5.4-1 (running kernel: 4.15.18-14-pve)
pve-manager: 5.4-6 (running version: 5.4-6/aa7856c5)
pve-kernel-4.15: 5.4-2
pve-kernel-4.15.18-14-pve: 4.15.18-39
pve-kernel-4.15.18-12-pve: 4.15.18-36
pve-kernel-4.15.18-11-pve: 4.15.18-34
pve-kernel-4.15.18-9-pve: 4.15.18-30
ceph: 12.2.12-pve1
corosync: 2.4.4-pve1
criu: 2.11.1-1~bpo90
glusterfs-client: 3.8.8-1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-2
libjs-extjs: 6.0.1-2
libpve-access-control: 5.1-10
libpve-apiclient-perl: 2.0-5
libpve-common-perl: 5.0-52
libpve-guest-common-perl: 2.0-20
libpve-http-server-perl: 2.0-13
libpve-storage-perl: 5.0-43
libqb0: 1.0.3-1~bpo9
lvm2: 2.02.168-pve6
lxc-pve: 3.1.0-3
lxcfs: 3.0.3-pve1
novnc-pve: 1.0.0-3
proxmox-widget-toolkit: 1.0-28
pve-cluster: 5.0-37
pve-container: 2.0-39
pve-docs: 5.4-2
pve-edk2-firmware: 1.20190312-1
pve-firewall: 3.0-21
pve-firmware: 2.0-6
pve-ha-manager: 2.0-9
pve-i18n: 1.1-4
pve-libspice-server1: 0.14.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 3.0.1-2
pve-xtermjs: 3.12.0-1
qemu-server: 5.0-51
smartmontools: 6.5+svn4324-1
spiceterm: 3.0-5
vncterm: 1.5-3
zfsutils-linux: 0.7.13-pve1~bpo2
```

I also created a test G Suite account for you, and a test G Suite LDAP
service with separate certificates - I included that in the separate email
as well. You can use ldapsearch against the endpoint, or you could link
your own Proxmox instance against it.

It is very strange that this doesn't work, and that the audit records on
the server side don't show any attempts.

Thanks,
Victor