[pve-devel] HA: vm shutdown/stop behaviour and other HA questions

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 6 16:33:06 CET 2019

> Is is possible to implement a true "vm stop" without shutdown ?

>>it could be, but do you need this often? We assumed that more often HA VM/CTs
>>are wanted to be shutdown gracefully.

It's more in case of a kernel panic, filesystem hang, or unresponsive vm... where the shutdown will take some minutes.

> Is is possible to reduce this sleep for manual actions ? (not sure if it's related to watchdog ?).

>>theoretically yes, but we then probably want do nothing if there's no change
>>(e.g., no new CRM command) as some users already complained about writing out
>>the LRM status every 10 seconds (they though it was bad for the pmxcfs DB backing
>>storage, but IMHO this really shouldn't do much for current gen hardware which is
>>able to write >100GB per day and still achieve lifespans for >5years.)

Isn't it possible to keep the default 10s, and when manual action is done,
talk to crm/lrm (socket,api,...) to fast execute theses commands ?

(I just learning the code, so I really don't known if it could be possible)