[pve-devel] broadcast_node_kv , is it possible to send a complex value like a hash ?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 24 17:03:39 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 6/24/19 4:53 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> for SDN, I'm looking to use broadcast_node_kv, to send status of transportzones.(not vnet directly, as it could be really huge with a lot a vnet).

You need to know that for now the data is always node dependent,
so currently there's no cluster wide kv-status where one can easily
save things node-independently, or is the SDN status node dependent
anyway?

> I would like to known if it's possible to broadcast a hash instead a string. (the code seem to refuse ref).
>
> something like "kv/sdn":$myhash->{transport1}->{status}
>                                ->{transport2}->{status}

you can serialize it with encode_json before, and then deserialize
it on reads with decode_json
We explicitly left out internal serialization for now (as the one reading/writing
keys should be able to know in which format it comes)

> Alternatively, I could send a kv for each transport
>
> "kv/sdn-transport1": $status
> "kv/sdn-transport2": $status
>

> But I don't known how to remove old key if a transportzone is remove ? (do we have some kind of ttl ?)

no TTL, you can delete it though by just passing the key and leaving
data undef, then it gets deleted for that node.