[pve-devel] rfc : pve-network : idea to generate and reload config accross the nodes

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Apr 1 08:50:51 CEST 2019

maybe better:

in gui, at network,datacenter level

at each change, make a
/etc/pve/networks/vnet.cfg.<randomversion>

on local node, the daemon detect the new version,make verification,
and update /etc/pve/nodes/<node>/.networkconfigstatus

version:<randomversion> verify:ok

Then at datacenter level, the apply button is grey-out by default,

if all local daemon verify version are ok (matching the vnet.cfg.<version>),
enable the apply button.

Then on apply,
mv /etc/pve/networks/vnet.cfg.<randomversion> /etc/pve/networks/vnet.cfg

and local node apply with new config and reload network