[pve-devel] rfc : pve-network : idea to generate and reload config accross the nodes

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Apr 1 07:48:07 CEST 2019

>>Can't we simply add a manual "apply" button for now?
Yes, I have thinked a little bit more about it.

But I really would like to have some kind of verification before apply.

>>Just by using backup config files:
>>
>>vnet.cfg.new
>>vnet.cfg

I'm not sure, as we could apply the change, the change is not apply on some nodes,
then we do other changes.

Maybe:

1) do a change in vnet.cfg

2) the local daemon, could compute the md5 of the vnet.cfg and test if it's ok
and store it in
/etc/pve/nodes/<node>/.networkconfigstatus.

(version:hash  status:validateok)

3) then we are able to apply configuration

This will avoid the "test button", as the daemon is always doing it on config change in background.