[pve-devel] [RFC/PATCH v2 installer 0/3] don't create swap on ZFS as default

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 15 18:02:00 CET 2018

After a short talk off-list (thanks for the input!), this v2 takes a different
approach to not creating swap on ZFS systems by default:

* ZFS-installs now honor the minfree parameter, instead of honoring the swapsize
  parameter
* Creation of a Swap ZVOL got completely removed from proxinstall
* Additionally the code now creates an 512M EFI partition, right after the
  bios_boot partition (currently unused, but at least it causes less problems
  should people want to change to UEFI booting after installing)
* This and the changed partition numbers are mostly to keep our layout
  consistent with upstreams recommendations [0].
* I opted to keep the 8M partition 9 in the back, in the expectation, that it
  might help when replacing a disk with one that is a "tiny" bit smaller.

[0] https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Debian-Stretch-Root-on-ZFS

Stoiko Ivanov (3):
  Add minfree handling for ZFS
  Add minfree entry to ZFS grid