[pve-devel] ZFS alternatives

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 18:04:43 CET 2018

>> Yes, but there are still concerns about btrfs stability

There's a lot of world-wide company, such as Facebook, Synology and
Rockstor, that are using BTRFS as default FS.
I don't why is no stable right now.

>> ext4 on mdraid would be really nice alternative

>> proven to work for decades now and small footprint

Yes! EXT4 for are very stable, but leak something advanced tools such as
compression, dedup and RAID... Well AFAIK, the ext4 doesn't has this
features... Perhaps am I wrong?

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

(47) 3025-5907