[pve-devel] Sending patches

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 17 14:05:55 CEST 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 01:16:11PM +0200, Rene Jochum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation.
>
> I would like to send ONE patch series for lots of packages where
> i add/extend the .gitignore.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks,
> René

yes, but please send each patch as separate mail (in reply to the cover
letter). 'git send-email' does the right thing, so I'd recommend just
collecting all the patches ('git format-patch' with subjectprefix set
correctly in each repository) into one directory, and then running

$ git send-email --annotate --to pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com directory/with/patches

please make sure to include your "Signed-Off-By" lines, etc. pp.

see [1] for a similar patch series from me

1: https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2017-September/028860.html