[pve-devel] Switching the scsi controller type in the Qemu Create VM Wizard

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue Sep 5 15:08:59 CEST 2017

Hi

I would like to change the default scsi controller we use in the Wizard
from virtio-scsi-pci, to virtio-scsi-single in a forthcoming path serie
which touch the HD edition window.
The difference between the two types is that with virtio-scsi-single
each new disk is added on its own controller on its own pci bus, which
is needed by the iothread option.

This change would allow to select the iothread option on VM creation if
the user wants that.

The current behaviour is to change in the background the scsi controller
if iothread is selected, without giving a clue to the user that we changed.

Any thoughts about this ?

Emmanuel