[pve-devel] Local Disk Migration and ide controller

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Mon Jul 10 11:36:45 CEST 2017

On 07/10/2017 11:06 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't remember to have implemedted this device_del.
>
> I don't see why need device_del on source ....
> (That mean that we can't live migration disk without hotplug support)
>

> if nbd reference on source is a problem for vm stop, maybe simply
> killing the qemu process at the end of the migration should works ?

you're right looking at the git history this code comes from Fabian.

If we would like to force the shutdown, we could indeed
add the force parameter to the vm_stop calls at line 926

my $force_stop = 1;

eval { PVE::QemuServer::vm_stop($self->{storecfg}, $vmid, 1, 1, undef,
undef, $force_stop); };

however I am not confident enough to implement this since this code path
is used for all migrations

I will create a bug report for this ide problem so the issue is not
forgotten and assign it to Fabian.

Emmanuel