[pve-devel] question/idea : managing big proxmox cluster (100nodes), get rid of corosync ?

Herman Bos hbos at osso.nl
Wed Sep 21 19:04:11 CEST 2016

On 20 September 2016 at 07:43, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com>
wrote:

> One thing that I think it could be great,
>
> is to be able to have unique vmid across differents proxmox clusters.
>
> maybe with a letter prefix for example (cluster1: vmid: a100 , cluster2:
> vmid:b100).
>
> Like this, it could be possible migration vm across cluster (offline, or
> maybe even online),
> and also share storage across cluster.
>
> It could be great for ceph too, if you want to share a pool between
> differents cluster.
> (we can create multiple pool in ceph, but with too many pool, this
> increase the number of pg, which is bad for ceph)

We currently have multiple proxmox clusters in multiple datacenter
locations and just created some tooling to handle the migrations.
It grabs the configuration and configures on the other end and handles the
storage migration as well.

Its an open source project and in active development:
- https://github.com/ossobv/proxmove
- https://pypi.python.org/pypi/proxmove

We currently extend it on the usecases we encounter.