[pve-devel] question/idea : managing big proxmox cluster (100nodes), get rid of corosync ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 19 06:18:00 CEST 2016

> I'm not an expert in cluster messaging, but I have found some projects which
> seem interesting:
>
> serf:
> https://www.serf.io/intro/index.html
> consul:
> https://www.consul.io/

What problem do you want to solve exactly? Only more nodes? Or nodes
between physically distant data centers?

An alternative plan would be to write a management tool which
can deal with multiple (corosync) clusters. I always wanted such
tool, and I guess it is not really hard to write one.

Things like HA failover would still be restricted to a single
corosync cluster. What do you think about this idea?