[pve-devel] implement qemu backup for disaster recovery, anybody interested ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Sep 12 07:02:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

I would like to implement qemu backup for disaster recovery feature. (I have a request from a customer)

The main difference with proxmox backup, it's that blocks in target are ordered in same order than source.
(the output is a file like .raw,.qcow2,... or can be a block device)

So we don't need to restore the backup on the target, we can directly use it.

And also, I think, incremental backup is possible. (but I don't have checked status of implementation since 1 or 2 qemu release)

I think I'll try to implement something command line , like pve-zsync, but storage agnostic.

Anybody interested by this feature ?