[pve-devel] qemu2.7: cpu hotplug && hot-unplug v1

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Sep 7 11:28:54 CEST 2016

>>small question to live migration, you wrote the hot plug features breaks
>>live migration but the qemu wiki says that this should work.

The wiki is pretty old.
When I said that it break live migration,It's only if you have already enable livemigration on qemu 2.6 and try to migrate to new qemu 2.7 hotplug system.

I only applied the new hotplug system when the vm is stop/start a first time (to have 2.7 machine version running).

So this does not break the migration.

Here the last doc for cpu hotplug (the doc is not yet commited in qemu git)
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-08/msg03157.html