[pve-devel] pve-manager and disk IO monitoring

datanom.net mir at datanom.net
Fri Oct 14 12:08:25 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-14 11:13, Andreas Steinel wrote:
> Hi Mir,
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net>
> wrote:
>> I use virio-scsi-single exclusively because of the hough performance
>> gain in comparison to virtio-scsi so I can concur to that.
>
> I just benchmarked it in on a full-SSD-ZFS system of mine and got
> reverse
> results.
> I used 4 cores, 512 MB-RAM (fio 2.1.11, qd32, direct, libaio) and this
> varies:
>
> Test                  | sequential 8K | randread 4K | randrw 4K 50/50
> ----------------------+---------------+-------------+----------------
> virtio-scsi           |           53k |         57k |             11k
> virtio-scsi-single    |           35k |         41k |             11k
> virtio-scsi IO/Thread |           29k |         43k |             11k
> virtio-scsi-single IO |           29k |         44k |             11k
>

> So, what was your test environment? How big was the difference?

Are you running your ZFS pool on the proxmox node?
My benchmarks were made using ZFS over iSCSI.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

----

This mail was virus scanned and spam checked before delivery.
This mail is also DKIM signed. See header dkim-signature.