[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:12:56 CEST 2016

10.10.2016 21:08, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> This is because the Lun is persisted through the scsi bus so the
>>> following should do it:
>>> echo 1 > /sys/bus/scsi/devices/${H:B:T:L}/delete (Where H = host:B = bus:T = target:L = lun)
> yes, but you need to do it on all nodes to be clean.
> For example you remove a lun on node1, if you don't remove it from others nodes, you'll have timeout, or multipath errors on theses nodes.
We could rework iscsi-manipulation code into another behavior. For exmaple, Dell PS-series SAN exports each volume in separate target, lun 0. So we can login into this target in activate_volume() and logout in deactivate_volume(). See my plugin for these storages: https://github.com/mityarzn/pve-storage-custom-dellps
Also, there's note about bug in debian's multipath-tools in plugin's README.

That way we can have LUNs only on hosts, where they're needed. Except some cases where PVE does not call deactivate_volume() for some reason (I think these are bugs?).