[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Oct 10 20:08:06 CEST 2016

>>This is because the Lun is persisted through the scsi bus so the
>>following should do it:
>>echo 1 > /sys/bus/scsi/devices/${H:B:T:L}/delete (Where H = host:B = bus:T = target:L = lun)

yes, but you need to do it on all nodes to be clean.
For example you remove a lun on node1, if you don't remove it from others nodes, you'll have timeout, or multipath errors on theses nodes.

In past, when I had my nexenta zfs san with iscsi luns, I had a hacky cronjob with rescan each 5minute to cleanup removed luns.
But I have problem with scan all, adding 500luns to each nodes, and multipath daemon going cpu crazy with all theses luns.

That's why I suggest to only add lun when needed (vm start) and remove them when vm is stopped.

According to redhat doc,

it's possible to scan only 1 lun

# echo "c t l" > /sys/class/scsi_host/hosth/scan
In the previous command, h is the HBA number, c is the channel on the HBA, t is the SCSI target ID, and l is the LUN.

I never use it, don't known if it's working fine.