[pve-devel] Upload and import disk images

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 15 02:19:46 CET 2016

>>- directly pipe to qemu-img so no need to aquire temp space for image

I'm not sure it's possible to pipe to qemu-img.

also, maybe it could be possible with raw source file, but qcow2,vmdk,vhdx have some headers and specific structure, so it seem difficult.

One way is to implement an nbd server daemon/agent on the source server or user desktop(where the source file are located)
"
Then qemu-img could use it as source.