[pve-devel] RFC: move logout button to the top right corner of the GUI

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 19 13:26:01 CEST 2016

Hi
Since we changed quite a lot of things in the GUI in this cycle, I would like
to propose to move the logout button to the top right corner of the workspace
GUI.  The most popular websites where people have an account follow this convention
( Facebook, Gmail, Github ) so it makes the GUI more familiar to new users.

Having the logout button to the top right corner will move out the logout button
form the usual text "you're logged as user at pam". But I don't see that as a big
problem because:
 * my account name does not only relate to the login/logout functions, but also
 to the capabilities I have in the application which determine if some buttons
 are greyed out or not
 * Gmail for instance is displaying the account name in that same place, so
 it's not that we are here completely inconsistant

 A screenshot is worth 1000 words:
 http://imgur.com/bNa2ugD