[pve-devel] qemu start hanging on dell r710

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Sep 29 11:50:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

users reported qemu problem since beta2 with some hardware

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/23548-PVE-4-0-Beta2-qemu-acpi

I'm finally able to reproduce it with a clean beta2 install on dell r710.

the qemu process start, but freeze and vnc is not working.

reverting to pve-qemu-kvm 2.3-6 is working,  pve-qemu-kvm 2.3-8  (qemu 2.4rc) is already hanging.

(I can't reproduce this bug on dell r730 and old dell poweredge 2950)

I don't known yet if it's a qemu 2.4 bug, or proxmox patch bug.

I'll try to build a clean qemu 2.4 without patches to see if it's help.