[pve-devel] Qemu-img thin provision

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Sep 26 15:17:39 CEST 2015

> On September 26, 2015 at 2:56 PM Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:
>

> On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:20:20 +0200 (CEST)
> Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
>
> > first, please do not send private mail. (use the mailing list instead)
> >
> This is how your list server is configured. Your list server also adds
> the header: Reply-To: original sender <original at sender.bar>
>
> Which means that a great many MUA's will mail to original sender only
> when user hits 'Reply'.

AFAIK our list server does not touch the reply-to attribute. This is
set by the poster instead:

Mailman docs says:
added by Mailman, although if one is present in the original message, it is not
stripped. Setting this value to either This list or Explicit address causes
Mailman to insert a specific Reply-To: header in all messages, overriding the
header in the original message if necessary (Explicit address inserts the value
of reply_to_address).

There are many reasons not to introduce or override the Reply-To: header. One is
that some posters depend on their own Reply-To: settings to convey their valid
return address. Another is that modifying Reply-To: makes it much more difficult
to send private replies. See `Reply-To' Munging Considered Harmful for a general
discussion of this issue. See Reply-To Munging Considered Useful for a
dissenting opinion.

But if someone starts a discussion on pve-devel, he should continue to send mail
there
instead of switching to private only mails.