[pve-devel] adding live migration options ? (xbzlre, compression, ...)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Sep 23 17:30:17 CEST 2015

>>For example, why do you want to disable compression or
>>xbzrle? Any benchmarks?

here some news for kvm forum 2015 :)

http://www.linux-kvm.org/images/b/b3/02x-09-Cedar-Liang_Li-KVMLiveMigrationOptimization.pdf

for xbzrle, I think we could enable it by default, as it's has been optimized since this commit:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=27af7d6ea5015e5ef1f7985eab94a8a218267a2b

for compression, slides said that for 10GBE, it's slower with compression.
also for compression, we can configure number of threads and compression level

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=docs/multi-thread-compression.txt

(BTW, they are a lot of interesting doc for different topic from kvm forum 2015, http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM_Forum_2015)