[pve-devel] Clustered logical volumes activation

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:31:08 CET 2015

Damn. Sorry, thunderbird broke formatting. Again.

Hi.

I have cluster with shared FC storage. On top of it I created clustered
LVM group and added it as storage to PVE (currently latest from
pve-no-subcription).

Problem is that newly created machines machines cannot start with error:
TASK ERROR: can't activate LV '/dev/EVA6000-1-2TB/vm-101-disk-1': Error
locking on node 1: Device or resource busy

After I manually deactivate volume with lvchange -a n
EVA6000-1-2TB/vm-100-disk-1 it starts normally.

I see that volumes are being activated in normal mode on creation and in
exclusive mode on machine start. Is there any good reason to activate
volumes on creation, or it may be omitted?

Also it seems that I need to modify auto-activation lists in
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf to skip activation on boot, but that's different story..

Or maybe it's better to add check if volume already activated before or
in activate_volume()?