[pve-devel] Clustered logical volumes activation

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:21:09 CET 2015

Hi. I have cluster with shared FC storage. On top of it I created
clustered LVM group and added it as storage to PVE (currently latest
from pve-no-subcription). Problem is that newly created machines
machines cannot start with error: TASK ERROR: can't activate LV
'/dev/EVA6000-1-2TB/vm-101-disk-1': Error locking on node 1: Device or
resource busy After I manually deactivate volume with lvchange -a n
EVA6000-1-2TB/vm-100-disk-1 it starts normally. I can see that volumes
are being activated in normal mode on creation and in exclusive mode on
machine start. Is there any good reason to activate volumes on creation,
or it may be omitted? Also it seems that I need to modify
auto-activation lists in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to skip activation on boot,
but that's different story..