[pve-devel] option to set image format?

Martin Waschbüsch service at waschbuesch.it
Fri Nov 6 07:54:12 CET 2015

Hi all,

I just noticed that on my (upgraded to version 4) cluster, a qmrestore will result with this warning:

WARNING: Image format was not specified for 'rbd:rbd/vm-111-disk-1:mon_host=192.168.1.1;192.168.1.2;192.168.1.3:id=admin:auth_supported=cephx:keyring=/etc/pve/priv/ceph/ceph.keyring' and probing guessed raw.
         Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write operations on block 0 will be restricted.
         Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.

Since qmrestore does not seem to allow me to specify the image format and all HDD images on the cluster are in raw format, I am sort of worried about the 'Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images‘ part…

Thanks,

Martin