[pve-devel] A strategy if the upgrade of wheezy to jessie isn'tpossible

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue May 12 13:34:39 CEST 2015

Hello Cesar

On 05/12/2015 01:16 PM, Cesar Peschiera wrote:
> Alexandre, many thanks for the information.
>
> And please, let me to do a questions:
> 1) Should i change the information of his repositories for his future
> updates? (in terms of  Debian Jessie and PVE no-subscription), as also,
> what text should have?.
>
> 2) Is this upgrade stable for PVE?, or is only for development purposes?
> ( i don't see any information about that in the forum portal)

pve running on top of debian jessie is still devel-only at the momment.
It is not a recommanded production environnment ( this is why we chat
about it in pve-devel ;)

> 3) In this link i see a ISO file for download named "proxmox-upgrade-4.0":
> http://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
> The questions is: for what is useful this ISO file?

I agree this is a bit confusing. To keep things clear:

Under the Umbrella name Proxmox  you have two products:
 * Proxmox Virtual Environnment (pve)
 * Proxmox Mail Gateway which is a mail server with antispam and
antivirus features

The proxmox-upgrade-4.0 you see is a service pack for the Mail Gateway,
and is unrelated to the Virtualisation Platform.

cheers

Emmanuel