[pve-devel] External noVNC without proxmox panel login

Daniel Hunsaker danhunsaker at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:48:02 CEST 2015

The Proxmox API needs a way to know which user is attempting to access it
so it can handle permissions appropriately.  The login process (via web UI
or otherwise) provides a ticket that can be used in subsequent requests to
provide this information to the API.  You still need to obtain this ticket
- which expires after (I believe) a couple of weeks - in order to pass it
in your API requests.

Probably the best approach here is to provide a login prompt to your users,
passing their input to the login API endpoint, and using the ticket the
server returns in subsequent requests for that user.  If, however, you're
setting this up so that authentication is never required, the API is
probably not your best option.  At that point, you'll want a VNC server
installed inside the VM, and configured appropriately for noVNC.