[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 4.0 beta1 released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 23 10:39:08 CEST 2015

Hi all,

We are proud to announce the release of the first beta of our Proxmox VE
4.x family - based on the great Debian Jessie.

Please help us reaching the final release date by testing this beta and
by providing feedback.

A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug
reporting and patch submissions.

So what's new in Proxmox VE 4.0 beta1?

New Proxmox VE HA Manager for High Availability Clusters

The brand new HA manager dramatically simplifies HA setups – it works
with a few clicks on the GUI, test it! And it elminates the need of
external fencing devices, watchdog fencing is automatically configured.

Linux Containers (lxc)

The new container solution for Proxmox VE will be fully integrated into
our frameworks, e.g. this includes also our storage plugins. And it
works with all modern and latest Linux kernels.

DRBD9

We already included the brand new DRBD9 stable release, so its ready for
testing!

New wiki articles and release notes

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_4.0_beta1
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_4.x_Cluster
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/High_Availability_Cluster_4.x
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_Container
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD9
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Jessie

Download
http://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

* All beta1 installations can be updated to 4.0 stable without any problem
* Currently there is no upgrade path from 3.4 to 4.0 beta1, the upgrade
script will be provided later
* LXC is not yet feature complete, work in progress
* Ceph packages for Jessie are not yet available

--
Best Regards,

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader