[pve-devel] lxd support cloud-init through /dev/lxd interface

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Jun 20 17:16:11 CEST 2015

>>Maybe we can implement this as a small proxy to forward
>>request to pvedaemon (after identifying the origin of the request)

I don't known if we need cloud-init or not for lxc.

but it's also possible to send info to cloud-init, pushing user-data && meta-data in a special
/var/lib/cloud/seed/nocloud/ directory

here an example
http://frederik.orellana.dk/booting-fedora-20-cloud-images-without-a-cloud/

mounting image with qemu-nbd (so it's working with almost all storages), write meta-data && user-data.

This could be done for qemu && lxc too (not sure for windows qemu)