[pve-devel] SYN FLOOD - PVE FIREWALL

Detlef Bracker bracker at 1awww.com
Thu Jun 4 02:18:15 CEST 2015

and I have see now in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 is on - it´s only commented in
/etc/sysctl.conf!

Ok, but why the SYN-FLOOD is gooing throu the PVE-Firewall?

smurf-filter is ON too!
nf_conntrack_max was on DEFAULT - now: 196608 (changed in GUI)
nf_conntrack_tcptimeout_established is: 18000 (long time ago changed in GUI)
PVE-Firewall work - I see iptables -L and ipset list is with standard
blocked IPs

I have read, but dont know is good for proxmox:

tcp_syn_retries now 5 - change to 3 is that better?
tcp_max_syn_backlock is 2048 - good ?!

Regards

Detlef