[pve-devel] trying to upgrade wheezy -> jessie + corosync1 ->corosync2

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Apr 28 16:40:09 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm begin to test inplace upgrade from wheezy to jessie + corosync1->corosync2 without reboot

here some note:

1)-update repos to jessie

2)apt-get dist-upgrade

3)aptitude remove redhat-cluster-pve fence-agents-pve redhat-cluster-pve-dev resource-agents-pve clvm dlm3

Remove the following packages:
1)      fence-agents-pve
2)      libfile-fcntllock-perl
3)      redhat-cluster-pve
4)      redhat-cluster-pve-dev
5)      resource-agents-pve

(I need to use aptitude because of conflict with libdlm3)

4)killall -9 corosync

5)apt-get install libcorosync4-pve

6)generate a /etc/corosync/authkey

7) convert cluster.conf to /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

totem {
  version: 2
  secauth: on
  cluster_name: clustertest
  config_version: 1
}

nodelist {
  node {
    ring0_addr: kvmtest1
    nodeid: 1
    quorum_votes: 1
  }

  node {
    ring0_addr: kvmtest2
    nodeid: 2
    quorum_votes: 1
  }

  node {
    ring0_addr: kvmtest3
    nodeid: 3
    quorum_votes: 1
  }

}

quorum {
  provider: corosync_votequorum
}

logging {
  to_syslog: yes
  debug: off
}

8) start corosync
  #corosync

9)-stop/start all proxmox daemons (with old /etc/init.d/pve-* scripts)

All seem to works fine, corosync seeing each nodes,
/etc/pve is mounted
On each node, I can see the local node green

But....

a)I can see other nodes green.

Seem that pvestatd cannot send through corosync status to other nodes.

b) editing a file in /etc/pve/ in one node, doesn't apply on other nodes

c) try to use #qm stop|start vmid

give me "unknown file type 'cluster.conf'"

Any idea how to debug that ?