[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:12:36 CEST 2015


Hi Cesar,

Out of sync with cache=directsync happen in very specific cases. Here is
the decription of one of them:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/18259-KVM-on-top-of-DRBD-and-out-of-sync-long-term-investigation-results?p=108099#post108099

Best regards,
Stanislav


On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Cesar Peschiera <brain at click.com.py> wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> I use directsync in my VMs with DRBD 8.4.5 in four nodes (LVM on top of
> DRBD), since some months ago, never did have problems (all sunday days, a
> automated system verify all storages DRBD),
>
> These are the version of packages of my PVE nodes:
>
> In a pair of nodes:
> Shell# pveversion -v
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.3-139 (running kernel: 3.10.0-5-pve)
> pve-manager: 3.3-5 (running version: 3.3-5/bfebec03)
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-27-pve: 2.6.32-121
> pve-kernel-3.10.0-5-pve: 3.10.0-19
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-28-pve: 2.6.32-124
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-29-pve: 2.6.32-126
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-34-pve: 2.6.32-139
> lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
> clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
> corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
> openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
> libqb0: 0.11.1-2
> redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
> resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
> fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-1
> pve-cluster: 3.0-15
> qemu-server: 3.3-3
> pve-firmware: 1.1-3
> libpve-common-perl: 3.0-19
> libpve-access-control: 3.0-15
> libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-25
> pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
> vncterm: 1.1-8
> vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
> vzquota: 3.1-2
> pve-qemu-kvm: 2.1-10
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
> glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1
>
> In other pair of nodes:
> Shell# pveversion -v
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.3-139 (running kernel: 3.10.0-5-pve)
> pve-manager: 3.3-5 (running version: 3.3-5/bfebec03)
> pve-kernel-3.10.0-5-pve: 3.10.0-19
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-34-pve: 2.6.32-139
> lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
> clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
> corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
> openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
> libqb0: 0.11.1-2
> redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
> resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
> fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-1
> pve-cluster: 3.0-15
> qemu-server: 3.3-5 <-particularly made by Alexandre
> pve-firmware: 1.1-3
> libpve-common-perl: 3.0-19
> libpve-access-control: 3.0-15
> libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-25
> pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
> vncterm: 1.1-8
> vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
> vzquota: 3.1-2
> pve-qemu-kvm: 2.2-2 <-particularly made by Alexandre
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
> glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/attachments/20150413/c4ffb4e1/attachment.html>


More information about the pve-devel mailing list