[pve-devel] Error between PVE and LVM

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Sat Nov 29 07:15:33 CET 2014

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for your reply

Here my answers:

>Which version ? (because nothing has change in resize code since the
>beginning)

Up to with this version works well:
(Maybe also with other PVE versions more modern, but i only have tested
until with this version, and after, with the latest)

proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.2-126 (running kernel: 2.6.32-29-pve)
pve-manager: 3.2-4 (running version: 3.2-4/e24a91c1)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-27-pve: 2.6.32-121
pve-kernel-2.6.32-28-pve: 2.6.32-124
pve-kernel-2.6.32-29-pve: 2.6.32-126
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.5-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.5-1
pve-cluster: 3.0-12
qemu-server: 3.1-16
pve-firmware: 1.1-3
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-18
libpve-access-control: 3.0-11
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-19
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-6
vzctl: 4.0-1pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.7-8
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.4.2-1

> but I think we could extend "qm resize ...." with some special value like
> "max"
That is for me a good option if qm resize can be used with a special value
like "max", but when i run "man qm", i see this:

<size>     \+?\d+(\.\d+)?[KMGT]?
The new size. With the '+' sign the value is added to the
actual size of the volume and without it, the value is taken
as an absolute one. Shrinking disk size is not supported.

Then, if you can tell me how i should apply the command, will be wonderful.
(But i think that will be good if PVE have a option of resize to a max
allowed).