[pve-devel] Maintenance mode

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Wed Nov 12 03:31:47 CET 2014

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:22:51 -0500
Eric Blevins <ericlb100 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use DRBD on many nodes. The DRBD storage is marked as shared and
> accessible to only the two nodes that have access to the volume.
>
> If maintenance mode does not take the storage accessibility into account
> migrations would fail.

If a node is not accessible from the node you which to put into
maintenance mode no VM's will be migrate to this node.

Alternatively you could simply choose the correct target node manually.
The implementation will give you these options for target:
1) Evenly distributed to all accessible nodes
2) Manually selected node(s)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
		-- Grace Murray Hopper