[pve-devel] dhcp server

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri Jul 25 21:45:24 CEST 2014

Hi all,

The dhcp server is completed with the following limitations:
1) A monitor for changing binding state for expired leases is missing
2) No IPv6 functionality yet since no module is available for IPv6.
IPv6 dhcp seems to be completely different from IPv4 dhcp which
requires a lot of reading. Since no module seems to exists in perl for
DHCP6 I will need to create a module from scratch. This can take some
time. From what I have discovered so far IPv6 seems to come with a
simple DHCP server build in. Clients use this by network neighborhood
discovery and it is only needed for boundary routers which is taken
care of by hardware routers/switches. Any comments?

You can clone the code from here:
git clone git://git.datanom.net/pve-dhcp-server.git

Please post comments and questions to the maillist.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.