[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 00:08:09 CET 2014

Hi Dietmar,

I've installed Proxmox in a VM, updated with the pvetest sources, and
installed spiceterm. However, I don't know how to proceed.

Can you please tell me how to:

0) How to obtain the certificate authority in order to import it into
Opaque.

1) How to obtain the spiceproxy ".vv" file for connecting to a VM or to
spiceterm.

2) How to tweak the server to change the name of the file to spiceproxy.vv
from "spiceproxy".

Things that I've tried unsuccessfully:

0) I've run the spiceterm, and seen it listen on a port, but I don't know
whether/how it's possible to get a spiceproxy.vv file for a spiceterm
session. Remember that I'm not trying to test the SPICE client
functionality of Opaque but trying to get it to work properly with
Proxmox's version of the ".vv" file.

1) I've tried to add a VM, and upon powering it on, the whole server
crashes and goes off the network. This is 100% reproducible, and may have
something to do with the Proxmox installation being a nested VM.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, there is an issue with the sources.list
file that comes with the latest Proxmox CD. When I update, I get some
errors related to some "Enterprise" part of PVE:

W: Failed to fetch
https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/dists/wheezy/pve-enterprise/binary-amd64/Packages
The requested URL returned error: 401

Speaking of enterprise vs. non-enterprise, what is the difference between
the two?

Thanks,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.