[pve-devel] Quorum problems with NICs Intel of 10 Gb/s and VMsturns off

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Mon Dec 22 04:01:31 CET 2014

After several checks, I found the problem in these two servers: a
configuration in the Hardware Bios that isn't compatible with the
pve-kernel-3.10.0-5, and my NICs was getting the link to down and after up.
(i guess that soon i will comunicate my setup of BIOS in Dell R720).
... :-)

But now i have other problem, with the mix of PVE-manager 3.3-5 and 2.3-13
versions in a PVE cluster of 8 nodes: I am losing quorum in several nodes
very often.

Moreover, for now i can not apply a upgrade to my old PVE nodes, so for the
moment i would like to know if is possible to make a quick configuration for
that all my nodes always has quorum.

The strange behaviour is that when i run "pvecm status", i get this message:
Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 41
Cluster Name: ptrading
Cluster Id: 28503
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 8360
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 8
Expected votes: 8
Total votes: 8
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 5
Active subsystems: 6
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0 177
Node name: pve5
Node ID: 5
Multicast addresses: 239.192.111.198
Node addresses: 192.100.100.50

And in the PVE GUI i see the red light in all the others nodes.

Can apply a some kind of temporal solution as "Quorum: 1" for that my nodes
can work well and not has this strange behaviour? (Only until I performed
the updates)
Or, what will be the more simple and quick temporal solution for avoid to do
a upgrade in my nodes?
(something as for example: add to the rc.local file a line that says: "pvecm
expected 1")

Note about of the Quorum: I don't have any Hardware fence device enabled, so
i do not care that each node always have quorum (i always can turns off the
server manually and brutally if it is necessary).