[pve-devel] Better translate to Spanish language

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Aug 13 19:47:36 CEST 2014

> 1)
> Really for many options of apply changes, in several sub options of several tags
> of "Datacenter", "PVE Nodes" and "VMs" (maybe also containers), i see two
> buttons for apply changes: "OK" and "Reset".
> OK (in English) = Aceptar (in Spanish) = The translation is performed correctly
> according to my translation Reset (in English) = Anular cambios (in Spanish) = The
> translation isn't performed
>
> But I should apply different translations for a same word:
> - For the console of a VM (and maybe a container) the translation must be
> different:
> Reset (in English) = Resetear (in Spanish) => The translation is performed
> correctly according to my translation
>
> Order: Please correct these problems of general kind only for that the buttons
> "Reset" can be translated correctly.

I have no idea how we can correct that with the current framework. Maybe
we should implement dgettext for that.

> 2)
> About of the word "All" :
> Datacenter/Storage/"Add" or "Edit"
> - If the word "All" is used with the word "Nodes", then "All" must be translated
> to Spanish as "Todos" (plural and male in Spanish)

needs dgettext.

> Datacenter/Backup/"Add" or "Edit"
> - If the word "All" is used with the phrase "Selection Mode", then, "All"
> must be translated to Spanish as "Todas" (plural and female in Spanish).
> Maybe will be better replace in English the word "All" for the phrase "All VMs"
>
> Order: Please correct these problems of general kind for each case.

we/someone need to implement dgettext to solve those issues.

> In the left Panel - Datacenter:
> ====================
>
> TAG: Search
> --------------
> 3)
> Title of the column: Online
> Error: I see the words "true" and "false", but the es.po file don't have this words
> for do the translation

fixed.

> 4)
> Titles of the columns:
> Error: In Spanish language, If i select all columns for see it, it don't show the
> complete words in some columns.

Users can manually enlarge the columns. I have no idea how to fix that correctly.

> TAG: Summary:
> ----------------
> 5)
> Tittle of the column: Server Address
> Error: i don't see the phrase full in the Spanish language for lack of space

see 4.)

> TAG: Storage
> --------------
> 6)
> Title of the column: "Path/Target"
> Error: The texts exist in the es.po file, but the translation isn't performed

As mentioned earlier, I do not want to translate technical terms like iSCSI 'Target'.

> TAG: Backup
> -------------
> 7)
> Sub option: Add
> Sub option: Mode
> Error: Only for the backup mode (either manual or as task), the words in Spanish
> language must be different to the rest of options that PVE GUI can use with the
> same words in English language.
> Only for the Backup case, the words must be:
> Suspend (English) => Suspendido (must be the translation in Spanish) Stop
> (English) => Detenido (must be the translation in Spanish)
>
> - Please, correct the es.po file and translations only for these cases of Backups.

needs dgettext.

> 8)
> Tittle of the column: "Start Time"
> Error: The title of the column in the Spanish language don't show the complete
> words

see 4.)

> TAG: Users
> ------------
> 9)
> Sub option: Add
> Sub option: Realm
> Error: Only in the view of Spanish language, this word is decentered

I am unable to see the bug?

> TAG: Authentication
> ---------------------
> 10)
> Title of the column: TFA
> Error: The title of the column in the Spanish language don't show the complete
> phrase

Please try to find a shorter translation.

> 11)
> Sub Options: "Active Directory Server" and "LDAP Server"
> Error: i see the option "None", but i don't see the translation performed

fixed

> TAG Firewall:
> --------------
> 12)
> Title of column: Macro
> Error: PVE GUI don't show all words of my translation: "Puertos conocidos"

see 4.)

> 13)
> Sub tags: "Rules", and "Options"
> Error: I see these words in the es.po file, but i don't see the translation
> performed

fixed

> 14)
> Sub tag: "Security Groups"
> Error: I don't see this phrase in the es.po file, and obviously the translation isn't
> performed

fixed

> In the left Panel - For any PVE node:
> =========================
>
> TAG: Services
> ---------------
> 15)
> Error: I see the words "running" and "Stopped" in the es.po file, but i don't see
> the translation performed

this is output from API calls. We do not translate this for the moment.

> 16)
> Error: In each line of each service lifted up, i don't see the phrase in the es.po file

see 15.)

> TAG: Network
> ---------------
> 17)
> Title of column: Autostart
> Error: In the Spanish language, i don't see the translation full for lack of space

see 4.)

> TAG: Firewall
> ---------------
> 18)
> Sub options: "Rules" and "Options"
> Error 1: I see these words in the es.po file, but i don't see the translation
> performed

fixed

> 19)
> Sub options: "Rules" and "Options"
> Error 2: Almost all lines of options that have the Firewall aren't in the es.po file
> for translate it (for example for log files)

see 15

I will try to work on the other points next week,

- Dietmar