[pve-devel] Storage plugins : is "properties" unique ?

Florent Bautista florent at coppint.com
Mon Oct 28 12:51:44 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a storage plugin for Proxmox, and I have a little
problem.

Are "properties" values of a plugin needs to be unique for all the
system ? And why ?

Example : when I set a property called "path" in my plugin, pveproxy
failed to start with those errors :

Restarting PVE API Proxy Server: pveproxyduplicate property at
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/SectionConfig.pm line 123, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Cluster.pm
line 13, <DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Cluster.pm line 13, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2.pm line 12,
<DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2.pm line
12, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/REST.pm line 9,
<DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/REST.pm line
9, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line
25, <DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm
line 25, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIDaemon.pm line
11, <DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIDaemon.pm
line 11, <DATA> line 558.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/pveproxy line 15, <DATA> line 558.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/pveproxy line 15, <DATA>
line 558.
 (warning).

I looked line 123 of SectionConfig.pm and it seems that properties are
not PER plugin but over all the system.
And "path" property is already used by DirPlugin.

Is it normal ? What represents "properties" exactly ?

Thank you for you help :)