[pve-devel] working on livemigration + storage migration

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Oct 14 10:16:31 CEST 2013

>>A bit off topic - how do you move the IPs? Do you have a custom Dark
>>Fiber between the Data Center which you use as an internal network?

Yes, I have a 2 fibers between the datacenters, (Layer 2), so I don't move ip ;)

>>How do you integrate the "new" cluster? Is it a new one or do you attach
>>the nodes to the current pve-cluster? Does this work for corosync
>>especially for latencies?

I'll use same proxmox cluster.

It's virtually 1 big virtual datacenter, using layer 2 network, I have around 1ms latency, so it shouldn't be a problem.

(I would like in the future to do replicate storage (rbd,sheepdog,...) between datacenters, to have active-active cluster setup :)

Am 14.10.2013 08:07, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Hi,
>
> I was a little off this last week,
>
> I'm currently working on livemigration+storage migration at the same time (because I'll need it in some months, migration vms to a new datacenter with new storage).
>
> I think I'll have a first beta for rfc in 1 or 2 weeks.

A great feature - nice to hear.

A bit off topic - how do you move the IPs? Do you have a custom Dark
Fiber between the Data Center which you use as an internal network?

How do you integrate the "new" cluster? Is it a new one or do you attach
the nodes to the current pve-cluster? Does this work for corosync
especially for latencies?

Greets,
Stefan