[pve-devel] Suggestion

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Oct 5 14:01:59 CEST 2013

> For the tasks I mentioned you have the necessary numbers to do the percentage
> calculations. Eg. the final size of disk/memory is known as well as the tasks
> reports progression to the task panel.
>
> Backup:
> INFO: status: 0% (95748096/21474836480), sparse 0% (6815744), duration 3,
> 31/29 MB/s .....

Unfortunately, thinks are not so simple.

First, the info display by backup job is not 100% correct (or misleading), because of
zero regions, and activity in the guest.

Second, a VM can have sereral disks with different speed.

So you can compute a percentage value, but it will be very inaccurate.

Same is true for migration jobs, ....