[pve-devel] ZFS plugin: Patch to solve issue with nexenta

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Nov 5 11:23:27 CET 2013

On 11-05-2013 09:52, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> I'll do more tests this week with initial commit of zfsplugin to see
>>> if I can also reproduce the bug.
>
> Ok,I can reproduce too with initial zfs plugin commit.
>
> Damned nexenta.
>
> I'll make a LunCmd::Nexenta , what do you think about it ?
>
> (keeping the zfs volume management through ssh, as it's faster)
Could you send a list of lun names generated by nexenta gui?

lun names are not randomly genereated. They consists of a number of
pieces like a MAC so maybe we can adjust the prefix so that our
generated lun names is recognized by the nexenta gui.

The prefix I use can be decoded the following way:
600144F ->      6 NAA IEE Registered Extended Identifier field format
            00144f Oracle corporation

See:

gemeat.blogspot.dk/2012/08/decoding-wwids-or-how-to-tell-whats-what.html
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/public.html

A complete list of oui's:
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/oui.txt

--